PPE—It’s All the Rage!
Use required PPE to protect yourself from hazards OSHA has determined that the hazards addressed by personal protective equipment (PPE) are present in all workplaces—even yours. That’s why you need to use required PPE.
• Safety eyewear protects your eyes from flying materials, dust, fumes, or light.
• Gloves, clothing, and footwear protect you from heat, cuts, chemicals, etc.
• Hard hats protect your head from blows, punctures, electrical shock and burns.
• Ear protectors prevent hearing damage.
• Respirators protect against inhaling dangerous substances. Whenever you’re assigned PPE:
• Inspect it before each use—and don’t use it if it’s damaged. Replace it or have it repaired, if it is safe to do so.
• Get a good fit. If it doesn’t fit you properly, it probably won’t protect you properly.
• Use it all the time to protect yourself from injury and illness. Workplace hazards are always present—even when you least expect them.
• Follow instructions for PPE removal, storage, cleaning, and disposal.
Additional sources and PPE related information can be found on http://www.osha.gov website.
All Safety Products carries over 8,000 safety products with a wide selection of PPE equipment.